Patience with Apache Cassandra’s volatile latencies was wearing thin at Rakuten, a global online retailer serving 1.5B worldwide members. The Rakuten Catalog Platform team architected an advanced data platform – with Cassandra at its core – to normalize, validate, transform, and store product data for their global operations. However, while the business was expecting this platform to support extreme growth with exceptional end-user experiences, the team was battling Cassandra’s instability, inconsistent performance at scale, and maintenance overhead. So, they decided to migrate.
Watch this webinar to hear a firsthand account of:
- How specific Cassandra challenges were impacting the team and their product
- How they determined whether migration would be worth the effort
- What processes they used to evaluate alternative databases
- What their migration required from a technical perspective
- Strategies (and lessons learned) for your own database migration