Hands-on workshop to explore the affinities between Rust, the Tokio framework, and ScyllaDB NoSQL.
ScyllaDB is a perfect match for Rust. Similar to the Rust programming language and the Tokio framework, ScyllaDB is built on an asynchronous, non-blocking runtime that works extremely well for building highly-reliable low-latency distributed applications.
In this workshop, we’ll build a sample Rust application on our high performance native Rust client driver. By compiling and walking through the code, you’ll learn how to craft queries to a locally running ScyllaDB cluster.
We’ll cover how to:
- Install and compile a sample app, built on ScyllaDB’s native Rust SDK.
- Get a ScyllaDB cluster up and running
- Connect the application to the database
- Review data modeling, query types, and best practices
- Manage and monitor the database for consistently low latencies
If you’re an application developer with an interest in Rust and Tokio, this workshop is for you!