The explosion of real-time digital business is driving a renewed focus on understanding and minimizing latency. However, many IT organizations fail to measure and address latency in a systematic way. In reality, application users never, or rarely, experience ‘average performance.’
In this paper, you will learn why it is a mistake to assume that “p99” means that only 1% of users experience that set of latencies, and how p99 (and higher) outlier latencies can actually have a disproportionate effect on the system as a whole.
Read the whitepaper to learn:
- The limitations of common performance measuring techniques
- Common causes of long-tail latency
- The effects of long-tail latency on the business
- The limitations of legacy NoSQL “scale out” approaches
- Tactics for winning the battle for low long-tail latency in the real world